Calling All Patriot Business Owners
: getimagesize(http://solomonstoolbox.com/images/articles/chuck2.jpg) [function.getimagesize
]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
on line 150
by Chuck Baldwin
July 30, 2010
Faithful readers of this column are very familiar with my call to locate a modern-day “Black Regiment.” The Black Regiment was a moniker affixed to those patriot preachers of colonial America who thundered forth the message of liberty and freedom, and without whose leadership our War for Independence would never have been waged–or won. One can see our Black Regiment web page at:
Well, today’s column takes the call one step further. Not only did colonial preachers rally to the cause of freedom and independence, but so did hundreds of colonial businessmen. Without a doubt, had not committed shopkeepers, physicians, lawyers, bankers, merchants, ranchers, and businessmen of all types assisted our fight for independence, the cause would certainly have been lost.
Accordingly, today I am extending a clarion call to all patriot business owners across America to stand and be counted! In just a matter of days, we will post a brand new PATRIOT BUSINESSES page to our web site. As with the Black Regiment page, we will list patriot business owners State by State, so fellow patriots across the country can locate and support those businesses that are friendly to the cause of freedom. Frankly, I am sick and tired of supporting businesses (many of them big businesses) that have absolutely no fidelity whatsoever to the cause of liberty or independence. In fact, some of these businesses openly (or even clandestinely) support freedom’s enemies. And while we may never be able to totally stop trading with these Judases, it would be nice to know which businesses in my area are owned and operated by honest-to-God patriots. I would happily trade with such people. How about you?
As with my Black Regiment appeal, I likewise offer some basic criteria by which patriot business owners may be identified by patriot-consumers as those professionals who are friendly to the cause of liberty.
1. You are a strong proponent of the principles contained in the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights. You also readily acknowledge that our rights come from God, not government.
2. You understand the necessity and integrity of sovereign national borders and, therefore, would never hire illegal aliens in your place of business.
3. You believe in a limited federal government and would never aid and abet the burgeoning surveillance state that both the federal and some State and local governments are creating, meaning you would never allow your business to be used by the government to trample the personal and privacy rights of citizens. In other words, you oppose the so-called USA Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and any other act that abridges protections guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.
4. You believe in the right to life and believe that each State has a duty to protect and defend that God-given right. And, if a physician or nurse, you would never personally participate in terminating the life of an unborn baby.
5. You fully support the Second Amendment’s protection of the right of the people to keep and bear arms and would, therefore, never prevent lawfully armed citizens from entering your establishment.
6. You are neither a neocon nor a liberal. In other words, you support the principles of limited government; do not believe America should fight preemptive, undeclared wars; oppose Obamacare (socialized medicine); resent the growing police state; and refuse to vote for “the lesser of two evils” for the sake of party partisanship.
7. You believe in supporting patriot leaders and organizations that are working to reestablish America’s founding principles in our country.
8. You understand the importance of State sovereignty and independence and believe that each State has the authority to resist the federal government’s usurpations and encroachments upon liberty and personal freedom.
9. You would never sacrifice the principles of honesty and integrity for financial gain.
10. If an attorney, you understand that constitutional law (and the Natural Law principles undergirding it) is superior to court opinions (case law). Plus, you understand and support the right of Jury Nullification as a protection against overbearing government dictation.
If you are a business owner who is willing to identify yourself as a patriot such as is described above, I invite you to add your name and business to our new “Patriot Businesses” web page, where fellow patriots around the country can locate you, and, hopefully, support your business, because they know that you, like them, are supporting the principles of freedom.
To add your name to our new “Patriot Businesses” directory, we need the following pieces of information from you:
1. Your name
2. The name of your business
3. Type of business
4. Phone number of business
5. Address, City, State, and Zip Code of business
6. Email address (and web site, if applicable)
Send this information to:
There is absolutely no cost to you for this service. I am doing this for the same reason I created the Black Regiment directory. I want to help connect patriot pastors–and now patriot businessmen–with their local fellow patriots. As Benjamin Franklin so famously said, “We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
And while we are supporting one another, let’s be sure to pray for one another, because we are all going to need it.
*If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:
(c) Chuck Baldwin